List of things off the top of my head that I want to do:
- write a book. already had a non-fiction book published, but I’d love to have an interesting an compelling original fiction idea to write about. I’m working on a second non-fiction book at the moment.
- master a martial art. I have a green belt in Bujinkan Taijutsu (ninja stuff, to the layman), but that’s from ten years ago – found a Genbukan teacher only a few days ago so I’ll be starting that up soon (again, ninja stuff).
- learn maths. A lot of the stuff I do involves guessing numbers or measuring. it’d be nice to be able to come up with formulas to generate optimal solutions.
- learn electronics. what /is/ electricity? what’s the difference between voltage and amperage? who knows… I’d like to.
- create a robot gardener. not just a remote-control lawn-mower. one that knows what to cut, what to destroy, that can prune bushes, till the earth, basically everything that a real gardener does.
- rejuvenate, or download to a computer, whichever is possible first. science fiction, eh? you wait and see…
- create an instrument. I’m just finishing off a clavichord at the moment. when that’s done, I think I’ll build another one, based on all the things I learned from the first. followed by a spinet, a harpsichord, a dulcimer, and who knows what else.
- learn to play an instrument. I’m going for grades 2 and 3 in September for piano. I can play guitar pretty well, but would love to find a classical teacher.
- write a computer game. I have an idea, based on Dungeon Keeper, for a massively multiplayer game. maybe I’ll do it through facebook…
- write programs to:
- take a photo of a sudoku puzzle and solve it. already wrote the solver.
- take a photo of some sheet music and play it.
- show some sheet music on screen, compare to what you’re playing on a MIDI keyboard, and mark your effort.
- input all the songs you can play on guitar/keyboard. based on the lists of thousands of people, rate all these songs by difficulty, to let you know what you should be able to learn next.
- input a job and your location. have other people near you auction themselves to do the job for you. or vice versa: input your location, and find all jobs within walking distance to you where you can do an odd job for some extra cash (nearly there: http://oddjobs4locals.com).
- takes a photo and recognises objects in it (partly done)
- based on above, but can also be corrected and will learn from the corrections (also partly done)
- stop being damned depressed all the time.
There’s probably a load of other stuff, but that’s all I’ve got at the moment!