fckeditor and image captions
So anyway, as I was saying…
My FCKeditor file manager hack can now record captions for your images.
Click the Image icon, then “Browse Server”. Right-click an image to edit it.
I’ve mentioned in the FCKeditor forums that I plan to build a full plugin for this, instead of occasional hacks which need to be re-applied every time the official project changes. Here are some solid details of what I will be doing.
- ajax – cached file lists and directory structures allow for very quick navigation
- remember the state – what directory you were in, how files were ordered, etc
- drag’n’drop file re-ordering, to allow for moving files into different directories, etc
- search function, for quickly sifting through files
- build captions automatically from EXIF data.
- add programming hooks so that updates in the file manager (files renamed, resized, moved) can notify any databases that rely on their urls. The hooks must be CMS-agnostic, so that the plugin can be used by multiple CMSes without requiring hacks
There are other features which I’ve mentioned in my office’s internal bug-tracker, but the above is a pretty good list of the things to come.
Pingback: » file manager for fckeditor - day one « klog
this is exatelly what i want, do you know if the demo is available ?